The Tunica County Sheriff's Office is accepting applications for employment for the title of Deputy Sheriff (K9 Handler). The starting salary will be $17.25 per hour plus benefits for a total of 2336 hours annually. K9 handlers earn an additional .75 hours per day for handling K9, for an additional 10.5 hours per pay period earned at the regular rate of pay.
The minimum qualifications are:
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be a resident of Tunica County, Mississippi or bordering county
- Must be a qualified elector in the state of Mississippi
- Must NEVER have been convicted of felony convictions or disqualifying criminal history
- Must be free of Misdemeanor convictions for at least twelve (12) months
- Must have NO previous or current charges of Driving Under the Influence of Drugs or Alcohol Beverages
- Must be able to obtain bond, as required to perform duties
- Must possess a valid Mississippi driver's license
- Must be a Certified Law Enforcement Officer and have a Certification from State of Mississippi Standards and Training
- Must not be affiliated with any gangs, gang organizations, hate groups, terrorist, or anyone who has been affiliated with terrorist acts
Interested applicants should complete an application, available on our website under the "EMPLOYMENT" tab or at the office, and turn it in at Tunica County Sheriff's Office.
Tunica County Sheriff's Office is an equal opportunity employment agency. Tunica County Sheriff's Office does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or age.